Jan 24, 2020
Sydney's Northern Beaches
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello!

Thought I'd share a pool temperature sensor I put together for about $50. I was already invested in zigbee and had a thought.

Xiaomi Zigbee Gateway, the brain to forward all my Zigbee devices to Home Assistant.
20210709_183541.jpg

Zigbee powerplug as a Zigbee repeater so the signal can reach the pool. Note the Eero for Tplink switches for the pool pump and booster pump.
20210709_181911.jpg

Zigbee Temperature Sensor in a waterproof bag!
20210709_183310.jpg

Home Assistant on Raspberry Pi showing the temperature. Yeah, it's winter down under.
Screenshot_20210709-184949_Home Assistant.jpg

Reactions: Mdragger88
It's the Xiaomi ecosystem backed by Home Assistant on Raspberry Pi. In my IMHO, I have seen nothing cheaper. It monitors my pool pump and booster pump power consumption and will actually trigger a halt if the power drops too much, or the vacuum (booster pump) is on without the main pump on. It's saved me on more than a few occasions when the skimmer box clogs or I mis-configure the pump timers on the TPLink smart plugs (that is the vacuum runs without the main pump). Wattage is not always a reliable proxy for pump pressure but often works.

I have a wireless pressure gauge that the Raspberry Pi can read, I just haven't installed it yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.