Wireless Remote OR ScreenLogic

So hardwiring works best - not all pool panels are easily hardwired into a home.

AND

Access from anywhere in the world means your router has a completely open port to the world on your network .... security risk for sure. Hopefully SL is smart enough to use a secure https configuration with an encrypted password login...but I won't hold my breath on that.

Dang, next your going to tell me that the new PoolMath App requires a Facebook login....oh wait, it does!!!! Ahhhhhghhhhhgghhg...run away!!!

I like my EasyTouch RF remote more and more everyday ....

:laughblue:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch to post 21 ! and ouch to post 22 too.

So the real fun thing with The SL app on the phone is that you can go "surfing" and try to find other systems that aren't password protected and you can modify their pool settings for them.

I had the brick replaced about a year ago - the tech fat fingered the number on the new brick and someone else out there wasn't password protected. He couldn't understand why I already had a configuration - when I saw the SWG / Intellichlor show up I knew it wasn't mine. But you've got full access if they aren't PW protected. I'm not sure if that is considered hacking or not - I didn't do anything just an innocent fat-finger.

Maybe we should just have open season - let each other have fun turning features on and off - kind of like the online Christmas displays you can take control of remotely.

OU-81-02
Check it out.

Good one gdn. I don't think you'd call it hacking per se. If you don't password protect your stuff. Well. Your asking for it. I think the vulnerability of the system is low. Besides. If you keep your confidential correspondence (or whatever you want to call your secrete stuff) connected to the network you are very inexperienced. I've got several Pcs and they each have their own task.

No go - wouldn't connect and I'm not brave enough to really give someone else access to my pool, so wouldn't try again and don't want to change anything ! Just could be fun. Maybe a drinking game.

Matt,

Didn't you used to say the same thing about your KreepyKrauler??? Next thing you know you'll be buying one of those darn fangled electrical Robots...

Oh!! wait, you did... :cool:

Jim R.

Jim,

I made sure they tore out that silly electric motor and put in a squirrel cage with a live squirrel. The power supply just makes sure a nut gets fed to the little guy at the end of the cleaning cycle.

Squirrel-power is the wave of the future...I'm putting all my retirement savings in that venture!!

Jim,

I made sure they tore out that silly electric motor and put in a squirrel cage with a live squirrel. The power supply just makes sure a nut gets fed to the little guy at the end of the cleaning cycle.

Squirrel-power is the wave of the future...I'm putting all my retirement savings in that venture!!

I see.. So that is why you replaced the blue cable with a small hose.. so that the squirrel gets enough oxygen.. good plan!!! Put me down for a 100 shares... :p

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.