Wireless remote for Easytouch system, with limited access

Jun 16, 2015
LA, CA
Hi, we have a pentair easytouch pool system and a 8 channel easytouch wireless remote. We have a lot of visitors, and would like to limit the access they have to the pool controls - the controller as is allows them to adjust pretty much everything. Is there a way to limit the functions of the 8 channel controller, or an alternative wireless remote (not sure if the Quicktouch II or the quicktouch 4 function remote work?) I really only want to let the controller turn the spa on and off (both to a predetermined temperature, and the jets), and the pool lights. If someone is staying, the pool runs on a schedule, and the temperature would already be set.

Thanks for the help!

AFAIK, no.

The pool automation vendors should have a controller with limited functions for the Airbnb market. We have seen this request before. Unfortunately they seem to be slow to respond to market needs.

L2P,

The remote will only do what you set it up to do.. You can modify the program in the remote you have, or you can buy another remote and only program some limited functions.

Let's see if Tom has any other ideas... Calling @ogdento

Tom... Can you have two wireless remotes running at the same time???

Thanks,

Jim R.

You cannot program the ET wireless remotes differently from the panel or from one another. The wireless remotes download and upload settings from and to the panel to keep them in sync.

I think the Quicktouch II is what you want. It has only 4 circuits available, the spa and 3 aux circuits. At your ET panel, program the functions you do want guests to access to aux 1-3 and those you don't want guests to access to aux 4-7 (or to feature circuits, which are not accessible from the Quicktouch). Then lock the panel.

I think Squirrel's suggestion of the Quicktouch is the best idea, but if you can run a hard-wire you could get an is-4 (basically a 4-button switch with an led).

Now if you're handy you could make your own 1-4 button switch... it's stupid simple... @Jimrahbe drew up a schematic and posted it here somewhere ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.