Wireless monitoring

Poolguy99

Silver Supporter
May 2, 2018
Boston
I’m going to be away for two weeks for business but is there any reliable wireless monitoring system that people recommend to keep an eye on chlorine while I’m gone?

I’ve read that pHin is unreliable for a cya of 50 but wasn’t sure if anything else worked for folks.

If my fc gets low I can turn on the pump and Stenner remotely through SmartThings I just need to figure out a way, if possible, to monitor it

Thanks

ORP (oxidation reduction potential) monitors do not work great. Doubt you'll need a monitor. Just make sure your Stenner puts enough chlorine to have a trough (lowest level before your Stenner comes on) of 1 or 2 ppm above the minimum FC for your CYA. I only adust mine every 3 or 4 weeks.

Thanks. And for the Stenner, is it better if I inject all of the liquid chlorine at one time or should i spread it out?

Based on what I lose per day, about 2-3ppm on warm/sunny days, I put in about a gallon each night so should I dump the whole gallon in at once or should I do a half at night and a half before dawn or does it not matter?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.