winterizing kit with or without Chlorine?

May 3, 2015
Devine/TX
I have a 10,000 above ground Intex pool with a saltwater system and would like to close it for the winter. I live in Texas so the winters aren't too cold. I don't know if I should purchase a kit with chlorine or a non-chlorine kit or should I just keep it open? I tried closing a smaller pool last year and had a mess when trying to open it this last spring. What to do?

Kits contain a lot of extra items no one really needs. They're sort of a gimmick.

Just check the pool now and then in the winter and add bleach as needed. You'll find you don't really need it often as FC lingers in colder water.

Maddie :flower:

Thanks for info. I was thinking about leaving it open as you suggest. It seemed like such a hassle to close down the pool and it seems like it took forever to open it up again in the spring. Since I have a saltwater system I think I'll just keep that going but at a much lower rate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.