Winterizing Floor Returns - Air From 2 Out of 6 - Help Please!

johnmastraci

Aug 1, 2020
Midwest
Hi

I have 6 floor returns, all on 1 valve. I am using a large stand up compressor directly into a tapped 1/4" fitting on the return side. I let the compressor completely fill the tank, then let it blow out the line with all other return lines closed. I am seeing a good amount of air bubbles from the 2 returns closest to the filter area in the shallow end, but nothing from the other 4. Is this normal, or do I not have enough flow and need another method?

Thanks!

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
What happens when you plug the 2 returns you get bubbles from? You get any bubbles out of the other returns?

johnmastraci

Aug 1, 2020
Midwest
It’s not a floor cleaning system, just returns. They don’t have any mechanism to “pop up”. I asked my PB, they said it is “ probably fine” as long as the 3 ft off line from the filter to to underground are blown out.

Pool_Medic

In The Industry
Apr 1, 2018
Bangor Maine
If it’s just returns then I again say be patient, the water will be blown from them. I have numerous pools with 4-6 returns, duck plug them all and after 10-20 minutes on my big blue blower they are all bubbling like crazy.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread