Winter/liner damage

Mczuba

Mar 5, 2018
West Deptford NJ
Need advice...
Closed pool in September. Turns out there must be a leak in the liner and water level can not be maintained. Pool walls are buckling and one frame post is leaning in about 6 inches.
More additional winter weather is fast approaching. Is it best to remove the cover to take pressure off the walls for the approaching snow?

Yes take the cover off asap as it is already causing trouble. We have been seeing this quite often. To the point of almost saying no covers on above ground pools. I would think about making something like tie out lines to help keep the supports up. When I say tie out lines I am talking about how they use a stack and rope to help keep trees straight. Good luck and I hope the wall is not compromised. Let us know how it turns out.

Yes agree with Kim, take the cover off.

When there is heavy snow forecasted I either take my cover off the pool, or loosen the cover so much that it is "sitting" in the water. In your case, yes I would take the cover off the pool. I use a micromesh cover so the water just seeps through the cover so I don't have to worry about the weight of rain water pulling in the sides of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.