Winter Damage - Skimmer Wall Caved In

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Here is the best link provided to install skimmers. I'm going to use it when I install mine. Post #36

Bronzeback5

Jun 14, 2015
Wheatfield, IN
I leave my return hole open, which is lower than the skimmer so water would never get to the skimmer. Never thought about it though. Definitely something to avoid after seeing your picture.

MelissaNH

May 22, 2020
Rochester, NH
Here is the best link provided to install skimmers. I'm going to use it when I install mine. Post #36

Oh, Crud! He already put it back together with the new Aquadoor plate (rim?) :rolleyes: The water was about 6 inches below the skimmer. I wish he would LISTEN to me and research before he does things! He's awesome - the hardest worker I know - but he's like a bull in a china shop! (probably not the best analogy these days! :eek: But you get the point! ;)) Thank you so much for sharing your resources with me!

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Oh, Crud! He already put it back together with the new Aquadoor plate (rim?) :rolleyes: The water was about 6 inches below the skimmer. I wish he would LISTEN to me and research before he does things! He's awesome - the hardest worker I know - but he's like a bull in a china shop! (probably not the best analogy these days! :eek: But you get the point! ;)) Thank you so much for sharing your resources with me!
I got a bull in the China shop too. He is so dang stubborn n he's not happy till hes on death's door bang the thing down. Lol