Winter cover storage?

mariane

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Southeast Michigan
We usually clean, roll up and store our winter cover over the summer in a huge trash bin.
Should we add water to store it? The "pool expert" at the pool store told us years ago to store it in water.
What do you all do? What do you think?

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
Do they sell the cover wet? No. (I don’t have a cover) But I would clean, dry, and store in a cool dry place out of the sun. I would think that cover stored in water would get slimy. :pukel:

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Makes 0 sense to me to store it wet. Mine isn't even wet when it is on the pool (when tight it is above the water line). I store mine folded, in the included storage bag, in my basement.

mariane

LifeTime Supporter
May 8, 2012
Southeast Michigan
Do they sell the cover wet? No. (I don’t have a cover) But I would clean, dry, and store in a cool dry place out of the sun. I would think that cover stored in water would get slimy. :pukel:
Makes 0 sense to me to store it wet. Mine isn't even wet when it is on the pool (when tight it is above the water line). I store mine folded, in the included storage bag, in my basement.
Thanks for the "bringing me back to reality" posts.
I just had a "duh" moment. BioGuard rep, BioGuard cleaning product, BioGuard "Stow Away" product.
:deal: A gotcha when I wasn't looking. :shark:

chyr55

Jun 13, 2017
Peoria, IL
I actually read somewhere that someone was storing theirs in a garbage bin filled with water. I have to get a new winter cover this year but I'm glad I saw this.

Reactions: mariane