Winter cover brass anchor bolts

lawson23

May 11, 2018
Lexington, KY
Does anyone put anything on the cover anchor bolts to keep them from seizing up? I'm pulling them all out and blowing the inside of them out and thought maybe I should put something on them before screwing them back in.

Pool_Medic

In The Industry
Apr 1, 2018
Bangor Maine
I use nothing on all the pools I service, do not tighten them down hard after cover removal. Any lube you add will just attract dirt imo.

Last edited:

BassPlayingDude

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2018
Media, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Every year when I open, I fully remove each of the hold-downs, clean the threads on them and also down in the holes with some kind of solvent (I used WD-40 ) then put some grease on the threads and screw them back in. This will prevent them from seizing and sticking. An anti-seize compound would probably work well too, but I have always had good luck with the spray white lithium grease. Before I made this a habit, I had one stuck so bad that it took a week of shooting with PB Blaster every day and vice grips to get one of them out. Ever since I started doing this I have not had a single problem with them.

BassPlayingDude

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2018
Media, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hey Jersey! Delco PA here... around here, we say the best thing that ever came out of NJ is the Commodore Barry Bridge! KIDDING! :cheers:

Candurin

Jun 30, 2017
South Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hey Jersey! Delco PA here... around here, we say the best thing that ever came out of NJ is the Commodore Barry Bridge! KIDDING! :cheers:
You’re not far from me at all. Actually, I probably pass your house on the way to tired hands :)