Will this equipment setup play nice?

Pohouse

Nov 30, 2020
Lincoln, Nebraska
Love the site! Moved into house with 30 year old IG 18x36 polywall vinyl pool. 1.5 rigid Sched 40 PVC for all plumbing. New Dual drains, suction side cleaner and skimmer line all run individually to equipment pad. 3 returns and slide also have dedicated lines to pad. Will be adding a 2' sheer decent, 3/4 PVC. Should I run this off a nearby return? or have a dedicated line back to pad? I guess we need to decide if we want to operate the fountain independently of the pool pump schedule. If so, dedicated line back to pad would allow more options.
All equipment needs replaced. The pool is 26k. Doing all the work ourselves. Location of equipment is about 16' from pool and at water level or a little lower. The head calculation was confusing, but I will have around 190' of pipe (using calculations for the different PVC fittings, valves, etc.) Estimating 60 GPM

After alot of reading, and I mean weeks, here is my equipment list. I would be interested in knowing your observations about sizing. Automation is not in the budget now.

Pump: Pentair SuperFlo VS 1.5 Hp EC342001
Filter: Pentair CC RP100 160354 (Size on pad is limited. We prefer a cartridge filter over sand. I like the side port also)
SWG: Circupool RJ-60
Heatpump: Raypak 6450 119BTU

It would seem the weak link is the 1.5" lines. That's not going to change unfortunately. Will this equipment play nice with each other and my plumbing system?
Thanks! - Doug

If each skimmer / drain / return is plumbed seperate in 1.5" pvc, you should be good. If the pump can handle a 2" inlet (or 2.5") then I'd put a valve on each suction and tee them together in a larger header (2" or 2.5"). Then 2" (or 2.5") to the pump. Same on the output side - keep the largest pipe size possible for that pump until you split into 1.5" valves and returns.

Andrew

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.