Will ScreenLogic work wirelessly with my Linksys Velop?

Sybil.S

Jul 26, 2020
Texas
Hello! Seen a few threads but not a clear confirmation of anyone using ScreenLogic with a mesh network. Specifically, the Linksys Velop. Hardwiring is definitely out for us but the directions in the manual are for traditional wireless routers so I was just curious if anyone has gotten working with a mesh network. Would love to get details before I buy. Thanks for any advice. :)

Sybil,

I do not know the answer to your question, and to be honest, I have no clue what a "mesh" network is... :mrgreen:

But the ScreenLogic wireless links do not talk directly with any router.. The wireless system is like the old phone system and not WiFi.. Basically one wireless unit is connected to the EasyTouch's com port and the other wireless unit is connected to a Protocol Adapter.. The adapter translates between Pentair and Ethernet.. The Ethernet end of the adapter is connected to the home network via an RJ-45 cable.

Most likely you knew this already, I just wanted to make sure.

I remember a couple of threads about it not working, but not sure if any of those got resolved.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim!

A mesh network is not all that different from a regular router using repeaters/extenders to get the signal farther. A mesh network consist of a main node that connects directly to your modem and then some number of satellite modes rebroadcast at full strength creating a “blanket” of wifi through your house pretty much eliminating dead zones. And if you’re still awake after that explanation :), while I would guess it would work the same since the adapter could connect the way you mention to the main node of the mesh network, I was a little concerned to see a couple comments that the ScreenLogic “didn’t like” mesh networks so I thought I would see if anyone had more detail or a conclusion.

I have two littles and not a lot of time for troubleshooting if this thing doesn’t go smoothly. :D My easy Touch Remote hasn’t worked in months so I could just by the replacement kit for that but the ScreenLogic looks so much cooler!

Thanks for the info!
Sybil

The problems with mesh networks are due to the way they sometimes implement their IP address ranges that Screenlogic chokes on. ScreenLogic does not always reset to find a new DHCP IP address range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.