Will Hayward SWG be less efficient when timer runs pump on low? And calculator for pump running time

Rockstead

Sep 2, 2010
Montreal, QC, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
So I was currently running my SWG 40% but I was trying to more efficient and I was rubbing my pool pump on high from 10-16:00 daily and the remaining time I switched to low speed cia my automation.

I noticed my FC dropped from 7.5 to 3.5 and that could be due to the increased temperature we are experiencing, and I want sure if it was also due to running low speed for those hours which is also a change.

Is that the case? Is there a calculator I can use to help me figure out how long I should run on high speed daily or does it vary by temperature?

Pool pump speed does not affect SWG output as long as the flow is sufficient to engage the flow switch.

Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test with your SWG off.

so while my heater indicates when there is not enough flow to operate, does the Hayward do the same? I haven’t noticed an error indication on my Aquapod or Automation display screen.

Yes, your Aqualogic should show a low flow error on the SWG although it may be easy to miss and the pool sit there with no chlorine being generated.

Disconnect the wire from the flow switch and see what error shows.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.