Hampstead, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hi there! I have a 26,000 gal saltwater vinyl pool. Hayward pump with a sand filter. Pentair salt generator. My pool has been crystal clear all winter. Started trying to balance chemicals now that it’s warming up and it stayed pretty clear for about a week. Now it’s getting cloudy. Still a lot of pollen and tiny tree particles dropping in but filter seems to clear them pretty well. Each morning though my white steps are full of dirt and pollen. And a few spots on pool corners. Here are my current numbers: (taylor test kit)
ph. 7.8
cya. 60
ta. 60
salt. 3400
fc. 6.5
cc. .5
tc. 7
hardness. 250
what can I do to clear it up? SLAM? Doesn’t seem like chlorine is an issue. Will adding a little liquid chlorine help? I always feel a little unsure about my cya reading as the little black dot never goes away completely - Would love to see a video of how it should look.

Check your assumption by running an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and follow the all the steps.
Spring time pool sanitation is complicated by rising water temps, heavy bio loads and increasing solar radiation that results in rising FC demand. This catches many pool owners by surprise with a rising algae population and cloudy water. The OCLT will help you determine if you are behind the curve and need to SLAM.
It is possible that your FC is keeping your algae in check and you are simply seeing pollen and small suspended organic matter in your pool water. Check to be sure.

Check your assumption by running an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test and follow the all the steps.
Spring time pool sanitation is complicated by rising water temps, heavy bio loads and increasing solar radiation that results in rising FC demand. This catches many pool owners by surprise with a rising algae population and cloudy water. The OCLT will help you determine if you are behind the curve and need to SLAM.
It is possible that your FC is keeping your algae in check and you are simply seeing pollen and small suspended organic matter in your pool water. Check to be sure.
Thank you! I’ll do that right away. 😀

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.