Why would I need a mech timer with VSF pump (with built in timer )

Makes perfect sense Jim, thank you .

I will probably leave everything alone for a few weeks until the PB is done with me before iI change anything .
By then I should also have the 2 quotes for professional installed automation (what ever they come up with) . If its ok, I will post what they come up with for your review and I will also be exploring the IntellisCenter.
With your very detailed explanitions of all of this stuff its got me wondering if this is something worth doing myself? I am completely capable, but I also know the value of having someone do it that knows these systems. I like to save money like anyone, but I also dont mind paying for good service , especially if it helps with warranty and things like that (and peace of mind).

A,

I installed EasyTouch systems, IntelliFlo pumps, and IC40's at two rent houses.. My pool builder installed the EasyTouch at my house.. Guess which one I had to re-do.. :mrgreen:

You will only get a 60 day warranty if you self install.. but the cost is about half as much. So, in theory, you could buy two of everything as spares...

For me, the choice was easy.. I ran repair centers for several different companies (none pool related) and have a feel for failure rates and infantile failures.. Most failures occur within the first 30 days and most companies have a pretty low failure rate.

But it really comes down to the amount of risk you are willing to take and value of your time doing the install.

The next time your pool builder is there, you might want to tell him to move the wires and explain why..

Thanks,

Jim R.

@Jimrahbe as always your spot on.. Would it be worth it to put the water features on its own (booster) pump? I know that would add more plumbing but I don't know it would be worth hassle

To the OP.. I'm curious why they put the control/timer boxes around the corner and behind a fence? That seems inconvenient...

Some input on waterfalls.. they are noisy/calming/ph rising. I put a flow control valve on mine so I can run it big and loud when the kids are playing in it.. or slow and calming when I want some feng shui...

I'll be following along to see how working with multiple contractors on this works out for you.

Last edited:
Thank you and I will consider all my options keep this thread posted.

Well as for the boxes, they had to put the breaker box there becasue of access ( plumbing in way on wall behind pump) however, I did not expect them to put the timer there too. The electricians seemed very concerned about keeping my wall looking clean but I suspect another motive might have been its easier for them.
I have talked with my wife about complaing an asking them to move it around the corner , but I feel its really un nesecarry if I automate...i just dont know. These little details can drive me crazy!! lol

A,

I used Amazon for all the equipment.. That said, one pool was done about 8 years ago and the other about 6 years ago, so I have not been keeping up on price from other suppliers.

I did buy my ScreenLogic from SunPlay... I use their site as a reference a lot.

This place.. IntelliCenter sells the IntelliCenter and I assume EasyTouch as well.. I would at least check them out...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.