engrav

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 4, 2012
Whidbey Island, WA
Hi
Been using liquid chlorine for years but now suppliers kinda low so…
Since CYA is low after all the winter backwashing thought to try the Rainbow #320
Directions say
1) turn control valve to 0; shut off pump
2) wait one minute for water to drain from Rainbow
3) turn on pump; check valve will prevent water from entering
4) add pucks
But after doing #1 water does not drain
But if I loosen the lid and let air in the water does drain
So
Why does water not drain
How does the check valve work; seems if float down water passes from Rainbow, if float up water does not pass from Rainbow; so when I follow directions, why does float not go down
Thanks

Loren

PS: chlorinator is connected at the top
PS: control valve set on #3

Last edited:
no response in TFP is very very unusual
also
used to be whenever I donated got a kind little note from someone; last donation > no note
have things changed at TFP, now big and brawny like Amazon?

anyway
called Pentair
admitted directions in manual for 320 are not correct
to drain to charge do this
1) close valve
2) shut off pump
3) remove lid
and it drains

and with skimpy supplies of liquid chlorine and CYA 30 to 40 it is working
full charge on setting 5 and pump 6hr / day, is keeping FC at 5
maybe by time CYA is 50 to 60 liquid chlorine supplies will be better out here

Sorry no one responded. Sometimes hard to find any one with experience on chlorinators any more. I certainly have none.
Thank you for the donation. An email is sent but I suspect it made its way into your Spam folder. Might check there.

It seems in all areas liquid chlorine has been available. Walmart, Home Depot, most pool stores, have continued to have ample supply of liquid chlorine.

Hi

I received an email but was a potboiler from a non-human, not like old times. But then no one wants to hear about old times.

As for bleach, S. Whidbey Island is kinda removed from the world. We have doitbest and ACE. Both said "not available" at last try. I suppose I could travel to the mainland but they have lotsa virus over there so kinda stay away.:cautious: Oh and now riots in all the malls.

I think I will use up a few pucks for now. And Jason used to think Rainbow's were Ok for vacations and such.

And puzzle solved, manual has incorrect advice.

Better close out now or will get a PM from duraleigh.:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.