North Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Been reading a lot about Robots recently. It's clear that the S200/Warrior SE/Active 20 are a good choice. I'm trying to understand what made people go with the upgraded options.

• The Warrior SI is $50 more than the SE...is Bluetooth worth it? Is there any other advantage?
  • The Nautilus CC Plus is listed as a "premium" category robot on Marina's site, but is only $10 more than the Warrior SI... what makes this a premium model?

Appreciate the feedback.

I would call Marina and speak with them...they are very helpful, if I had went with a Dolphin I would have bought from them. I decided to go with a Polaris because a friend has one that I could try out and it goes onto my tanning ledge and cleans it, I didn't have the option to try out a dolphin. Marina can explain the differences between the robots to you, Maytronics has created multiple families of different products for different channels (internet vs B&M) and the features are not really well laid out on their website.

Appreciate the feedback from the group. Spoke with Marina today and got the following answers:

• There are two differences between SE and SI
    • Basket
    • Ability to control with phone app (drive and start cleaning process)
  • The Nautilus CC Plus is "Premium" based on the manufacturer designation
    • People are moving away from it due to the older style access for the filter vs the Warrior/S200 etc
So I went with the SE... I can get the automation control with a smart plug based on what I have read here :cool:

BTW... Marina is quick. I got a tracking number about 30 minutes after getting off the call and my new toy...er... essential pool cleaning tool. It will be here on Thursday. Woot!

I just got mine this past weekend. I went with the SE since it's the best price of three models that appear identical (maybe more) and Pentair is a pretty reputable brand. The SE is identical to the S200 and we have several experts that have had great performance. I called and spoke to Margaret at Marina Pools to see if the Bluetooth did anything other than let you "drive it" your self. The answer was no. She's very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. No pressure whatsoever. I'll go back to her for a price anything she sells that I want. I have no need for that so I saved the $50. Some may have a specific need for that feature. As with many pool things what's right for you is really up to your preferences.

I've given the SE a solid workout and it's fantastic. It's already got the whole bottom looking better. My previous ThePoolCleaner just didn't have the scrubbing nor the suction this thing does. It's really cool to watch it scrub the water line while it pushes itself sideways around the edge with this jet of water.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Reactions: Blancmik
I just ordered also. Margaret , at Marina pools, recommended a Pentair Prowler 917. Suppose to be between the Prowler 910 and 920. Doesn't seem very common, but that's what she recommended. I, also, am excited about arriving!

So I have had the Warrior SE for a little over a week now and I have been very happy with the purchase. For anyone on the fence, its certainly a nice luxury item for your pool :cool:.

Like others on here, Margaret shipped the robot the same day that I called via 2 day shipping and I had the two filters in the box. Also like others, Pentair denied my rebate due to the price that I paid.

Setup is a breeze. You literally pull the power box and the robot from the box. No assembly was required. I simply plugged in the power box to a GFCI outlet, dropped the robot into the pool, plugged the cord from the robot into the power box and hit go.

The most satisfying part is watching it climb the walls and clean the time.

We named our robot Jacques after the fish tank cleaning character in Finding Nemo.

Reactions: markayash
So I have had the Warrior SE for a little over a week now and I have been very happy with the purchase. For anyone on the fence, its certainly a nice luxury item for your pool :cool:.

Like others on here, Margaret shipped the robot the same day that I called via 2 day shipping and I had the two filters in the box. Also like others, Pentair denied my rebate due to the price that I paid.

Setup is a breeze. You literally pull the power box and the robot from the box. No assembly was required. I simply plugged in the power box to a GFCI outlet, dropped the robot into the pool, plugged the cord from the robot into the power box and hit go.

The most satisfying part is watching it climb the walls and clean the time.

We named our robot Jacques after the fish tank cleaning character in Finding Nemo.
Hi @Blancmik - I'm shopping for a cleaner and thinking about the Warrior SE. I have a kidney shaped pool, and thought I read some others have had mixed experiences with a robot. Looks like you have a kidney shape (or something non-rectangular). What has your experience been?
Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Same - Warrior SE works great on the curved surfaces and gets the steps about 50% - pool is more consistently clean with it than when we relied on my feeling like hauling the hose out!

My pool was free form as well. No problem at all, pool was consistently the cleanest it's ever been. I'll be ordering another one for our new pool from Marina Pools as soon as it's completed. I've had a 3" conduit added to the new home design so that the cord can be run under the patio floor directly to a GFI outlet on the wall and I'll control that outlet from the pool control. You can also just use a smart plug like I did on the previous house. If the cord bothers you and you can't do this just put it in one of those cord covers you can get online - worked fine for me on our previous home.

Chris

Reactions: markayash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.