West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Most of the time when I post a picture taken from my iPhone it is rotated 90 degrees.

Reactions: Yosh

Leebo

Admin
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
He’s not entirely correct..........

when uploading I suspect you opt to “reduce size” of your photos. Don’t do this. When you reduce the size your device strips all metadata from your photos thus servers have no idea what they’re looking at. The server has no clue it’s orientation thus is defaults to landscape.

Next time you upload photos, pass on reducing the size as well reduce them on our end, keeping the info in tact. ? I’ve reviewed your attachments and hopefully altered the ones I saw that were incorrect. If you’ve got more or come across the issue in the future go ahead and report the post.....I’ll get it fixed.

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
You are right, I do reduce the size of the pictures when posting. I thought I was being considerate. From now on I will post straight up. Thanks!!!

PoolGate

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2017
Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Also you may not realize this but you can copy and paste directly into the post editor window. No need to attach anything.

Katodude

Silver Supporter
Aug 22, 2017
West Palm Beach/Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
when uploading I suspect you opt to “reduce size” of your photos. Don’t do this. When you reduce the size your device strips all metadata from your photos thus servers have no idea what they’re looking at. The server has no clue it’s orientation thus is defaults to landscape.

Next time you upload photos, pass on reducing the size as well reduce them on our end, keeping the info in tact. ? I’ve reviewed your attachments and hopefully altered the ones I saw that were incorrect. If you’ve got more or come across the issue in the future go ahead and report the post.....I’ll get it fixed.

So just one problem with this. Some of the pictures that my iPhone takes are larger that 10MB and it wont let me post them unless I reduce the size.

Leebo

Admin
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Eastern Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
When taking these photos, do you have HDR turned on?

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.