Why clean cartridge filter at +25%?

tomfrh

Jan 30, 2018
Australia
TFP recommends cleaning your cartridge filter when pressure rises 25%. What is the logic of this? I've tried this and the filter isn't very dirty. The filter cake hasn't built up properly yet. I clean ours at around +100% (e.g. when risen from ~60kPa to ~120kPa (9 psi to 18 psi).

The flow rate through the pump (especially VS pumps) starts to diminish at 25% pressure gain over clean.

Do what works for you.

Tom,

The 25% rule is just a guideline for all kinds of pools and filters.. You can't go wrong doing it, but it does not fit all filters, pools, or pool owners..

In my case, my cartridge filter pressure is about 1 lb. at 1200 RPM.. I clean my filter twice a year, because that is what works best for me.

You should clean your filter based on what is best for you.

The real goal here is just to make sure people understand the requirement to routinely monitor their filter pressure and to take action when necessary..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.