Bronze Supporter
Jul 6, 2018
Apple Valley, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
According to pool builder there is nothing to do about the white line on tiles. It's our fill water. Can this calcium destroy the tiles and grout if left untreated? I called a tile cleaning service and they want $749 to bead blast.

The scale will not harm the tiles. Depending on if the grout is cracked and the water is being wicked up the grout, the scale can weaken the grout.

Managing CSI is paramount with high CH. Better is to use softened water for make up water.

Reactions: Fishy1234
The scale will not harm the tiles. Depending on if the grout is cracked and the water is being wicked up the grout, the scale can weaken the grout.

Managing CSI is paramount with high CH. Better is to use softened water for make up water.
If the salt level is at 2600 ppm is that considered soft water?

Then you will need to manage your CSI as your CH rises. Once CH gets to about 800 ppm or so, you drain and refill. Few options. Use a solar cover especially in the spring (March-May) and fall (Sept-Nov). That will reduce your evaporation during those times and keep your pool a bit warmer.

Then you will need to manage your CSI as your CH rises. Once CH gets to about 800 ppm or so, you drain and refill. Few options. Use a solar cover especially in the spring (March-May) and fall (Sept-Nov). That will reduce your evaporation during those times and keep your pool a bit warmer.
We pretty much gave up on the solar cover idea because of the strong winds in Apple Valley, California. It took us for a ride when we tried it out, not fun. I do use the csi, currently my CH is 400, PH7.8, Alk70

Cover works great here -- just need to have it trimmed so the edges all sit on the water. That way the wind cannot catch it.

Take care.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.