White line appears after swimming

Sausage

Jun 22, 2008
Greetings,

So this summers fun is the white line that appears around the water line after swimming. It seems to heavily concentrate on the mortar around the tile just above the water line. It appears after the pool is used, and the more splashing, the worse it gets. The amazing thing is that it disappears the next morning. I do have an issue with constantly rising ph, but I keep it in check.

Anyone know what this is? Does calcium disappear over night?

I have grey mortar so it really shows.

Any help!

G

Post a full set of numbers so we can determine your pool water chemistry

Sausage

Jun 22, 2008
Ph is a constant battle, always has been. I do have a spill way out if the jacuzzi, but can't turn it off as it is part of the filter circulation.

257WbyMag

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Denton, TX
I'd lower your pH to around 7.4. I'd also get your FC up a bit. You are at the bare minimum.

Unless the white line is caused by a product that has been applied to the skin prior to swimming, I'm not sure what it could be.

G

I get it in my spa more often then my pool (Probably cause of the heat). When I lower my PH to 7.2, it goes away.

Sausage

Jun 22, 2008
Ok, i have real trouble keeping the ph down. I have to pour a gallon of acid in everyday.

Could it be effeflourence(sp?)

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
have to pour a gallon of acid in everyday.
Well, in a pool your size, and assuming your pH is 8.0 when you decide to add the gallon, that would mean your pH must be getting down into the low 6's each day. Is that correct?

Sausage

Jun 22, 2008
Tf 50 kit, my ta was high earlier this summer. Do you think it could have something to do with the ozone bubbles that come out if jets?

dmanb2b

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 4, 2009
NY
what strength MA are you adding when you pour in a gallon at a time? Even at 20k gallons, that's a lot of MA to dump in the pool :shock: at once.

Other Threads of Interest