White Limestone Pool Coping - Discoloration & Proper installation methods?

There are good stone cleaners out there but some will damage the finish on certain stone. Need test pieces. I still think its just the stone being from 2 different lots
EVEN the installer and owner of the company do not think that its from lot differences and I owe them $... They saw that all stones were the same prior to install. That is not the problem. Process of deduction with it being only stones over mortar means something different happened with the mortar, and I think it could be the washdown with dirty sponge.

Theres no way they followed the lines of the stones when they washed them down. If it was that it would be a smear pattern at random not clean lines.
The pieces butting the pool are bullnose coping correct? Or am I mistaken that these are all the same pieces with square edges

I though about that too James nut whenever we do any pointing or coping joints we only wipe where were working, can't see then wiping the whole stone. But you never know we weren't there so that's a theory. A test piece will answer it

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the same freska limestone or very similar here in CA. It's quarried from Turkey and we bought it at MSI. My pavers started looking dirty after the second week and I'm thinking they are dirty. The landscape crew has said they used soap and water to clean them, but they still look dirty to me. I'm going to hand scrub and wash them (all 600 sqft) and see if I can get a better look. They are going to use polymeric sand next week in the joints and I'm scared they will stay this beige color instead of the beautiful white color like they first came with.
Wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem....and now I have a similar one.

I have the same freska limestone or very similar here in CA. It's quarried from Turkey and we bought it at MSI. My pavers started looking dirty after the second week and I'm thinking they are dirty. The landscape crew has said they used soap and water to clean them, but they still look dirty to me. I'm going to hand scrub and wash them (all 600 sqft) and see if I can get a better look. They are going to use polymeric sand next week in the joints and I'm scared they will stay this beige color instead of the beautiful white color like they first came with.
Wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem....and now I have a similar one.
Sorry for the lateness...I used LIGHT pressure washing, about 800 psi with a fan tip, to clean all of my stone and a cleanser that said limestone safe after I got stains fixed. I wound up sanding 70ish 16x24s in 106 degrees days...twenty some hours. I was afraid a company would hone too much off...I know Im nuts... It did work though and I only sanded enough to get it off. I immediately sealed it after it dried out a day. While it gets dirty and what not, I did go into it knowing it was WHITE. I spray it down maybe once a month, blow it off each week when lawn is done and its "clean enough" and not too beige for my taste.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.