Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC4 (RC-52)
I recently had my pool resurfaced with an exposed aggregate. I am at the 30 day mark and just took it back to SWG. I am noticing white flakes in the Polaris 380 bag. These fizz when I drop Muratic acid on them. My test reading are as follows:
Water Temp 82 deg.
FC 4.0
PH 7.8
TA 80
CH 300
CYA 60
Salt 3200
CSI -0.09
LSI 0.3

What should I be concentrating on to eliminate the flakes?

The flakes are coming from the SWCG. You show a CSI below 0, but the parameters are such that the cell is still creating scale.

I would suggest pushing the TA lower if at all possible. That is best bet. Or add borates.

The flakes are coming from the SWCG. You show a CSI below 0, but the parameters are such that the cell is still creating scale.

I would suggest pushing the TA lower if at all possible. That is best bet. Or add borates.
My CSI is below 0 at -0.09. How much lower should I take TA?

That was quick.

pH will rise naturally. The SWCG does not raise the pH.
I thought the off gassing of the SWG cell has always contributed to the rise in PH. As far as being quick on the reading, I waited an hour after adding acid and tested.

I thought the off gassing of the SWG has always raised my PH.
The hydrogen bubbles may add a very slight form of aeration, but the majority of pH rise is due to aeration from water features, wind, and adding high TA fill water due to evaporation.

The hydrogen bubbles may add a very slight form of aeration, but the majority of pH rise is due to aeration from water features, wind, and adding high TA fill water due to evaporation.
Ok, no water features on my pool and I have the return jets aimed so that there is just a slight ripple in the water to create a vortex motion to the skimmer basket. I haven't had to add any water lately due to a lot of rain here in Florida. So I didn't know if I should bring PH back up quicker because CSI is now at -0.82 (Corrosive) with the new TA and PH readings.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I hate to chemically raise pH when it is in the 7's. Your CH is a bit low for Florida. I assume you have to add that pretty regularly.

Up to you. The CSI for a short term at that level is not an issue.

I hate to chemically raise pH when it is in the 7's. Your CH is a bit low for Florida. I assume you have to add that pretty regularly.

Up to you. The CSI for a short term at that level is not an issue.
The question was should I aerate to raise PH, no chemicals involved. As far as the CH the pool has a new exposed aggregate resurface so I have been slowly raising it to see where it wants to fall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.