Allen, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi - I'm considering replacing my 10 yo Whisperflo with an Intelliflo, but wanted to know if the inlet / outlet ports line up EXACTLY - there are 2" unions on each side of the whisperflo (top / back ports), but the height dimensions of the whisperflo and intelliflo look like they are about 1/4" off from the engineering drawings, (and the intelliflo doesn't have any of the port dimesions in their engineering diagrams - only the overall size of the unit.)

They look the same from the pictures, but would rather hear from somone who has done the swap.

whisperflo

http://www.pentairpool.com/images/produ ... lo_dim.gif

intelliflo

http://www.pentairpool.com/images/produ ... loBack.gif

Thanks in advance.

--Adrian

I have done the swap, and yes, the ports are nearly the same (close enough for work with PVC). I ended up adding unions which were not present on the WhisperFlo when I swapped them out. But, if it had unions on before, I could have literally done the replumbing in about 5 minutes. As it was, it took about 15 minutes to redo some plumbing and add the unions.

Did the swap last Saturday - no major problems - the only thing that I ran across was the electrical 90 degree elbow from the whisperflow didn't fit into the exact same hole onthe intelliflo - had to go buy a straight thru electrical conduit adapter to screw into the intelliflow housing.) (The 90 degree couldn't clear the motor when trying to twist it into the spot where the conduit mounts to the pump motor.)

It's incredible how quiet the pump is.

--Adrian

Makes you wonder what rocket scientist put the conduit connector where its impossible (or almost impossible) to use a 90 degree connector due to the pump fan housing. :roll:

I removed the 3 screws on the fan housing and was able to use a 90-degree connector -- but i had to spin the fan by hand so that the conduit connector would 'mesh' with the vanes on the fan. Problem solved & it saved a trip to get a straight-thru electrical connector. :whoot: A straight-thru connector would've been a last resort, since the power whip would've been elongated at the back-end of the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.