Whisperflo VST vs intelliflo VSF (011056 model)

suprstrmis

Aug 22, 2022
sacramento, ca
I'm brand new so please excuse my "rookieness" with my questions.

currently under a pool build, on equipment phase. I realize there is a shortage of all things pool related but i feel like our PB tried to pull a fast one on us. We were supposed to get an intelliflo VSF but now they are currently installing a whisperflo VST (they werent going to tell us, and i assume they were banking on me not noticing). the intelliflo vsf is what is on my contract.

three main questions:
1) am i going to notice a performance difference or realize less of an energy savings or deplete the life of the pump more quickly with the whisperflo? (we get warm summers but I like my pool warm so i imagine we'll be running it quite a bit as i notice our neighbor with the white plaster pool tends to remain pretty cool even in the heat)

2) should i ask for the difference in price (there's clearly a price difference)

3) should i ask that it be changed to the intelliflo vsf when they come available and use what we have now as a temporary assuming there is that much more of a benefit to having the intelliflo for my purposes.

4) just let the whole issue go and deal with what i've got. I just feel like we've dropped so much $$ for this thing i'd like it the way i was expecting it.

not sure what specifications are needed, but what i know is that our pool is about 15k gallon, raised spa water spillover, 2nd story solar, white plaster.

Their whole pump lineup is unnecessarily complicated.

They have 20 different models which they could simplify down to about 5 at most.

They have the Intelliflo, which is basically a variable speed Whisperflo.

They also have an Intelliflo3 and an Intelliflo XF.

Below are the pump curves for the Whisperflo variable speed and the IntelliFlo.

You can see that there is not too much difference.

In my opinion, the Intelliflo XF is the best pump.

If there is a price difference from what was specified to what you received, you should expect the difference in price to be refunded.

1661187660432.png

1661187732699.png

1661187813807.png

1661187834493.png

1661187876105.png

1661187913423.png

s,

This is not about what costs more or less, it is about getting what was on the contract!!

An IntelliFlo VSF costs $2,000

A WhisperFlo VST costs $1,430

I suspect with their markup, your cost is a lot more than that.

See this site..

Tell them you'll use the WhisperFlo until they can replace it with the IntelliFlo.

Thanks,

Jim R.

s,

This is not about what costs more or less, it is about getting what was on the contract!!

An IntelliFlo VSF costs $2,000

A WhisperFlo VST costs $1,430

I suspect with their markup, your cost is a lot more than that.

See this site..

Tell them you'll use the WhisperFlo until they can replace it with the IntelliFlo.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Agreed. Good advice. Thanks!
That being said if given a choice would you go with a better pump or money back?

S,

I have three pools and they all have the original IntelliFlo VS pumps. I love them, so I am not unbiased..

I'd want the IntelliFlo, but... I would not want to wait months with the pool full of water and no pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: suprstrmis
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.