Mynameisnate

Jun 12, 2021
San Diego, CA
Hi Everyone!

I had the WEP-6 motor on my waterfall pump short out so I replaced it with a Jacuzzi brand motor from Leslie's. I spent most of yesterday switching out the breaker on the pentair control panel and then connecting the electrical. I was scratching my head for hours until I realized that a two-phase 115 volt motor is actually in 230V mode! a slider switch!

Now it turns on but it has quite a bit of squeak and it just doesn't seem to fill up and go. I don't think I know of a check valve or any place to add water. I try to fill the pump up as much as I can but it doesn't seem like it's sucking, just spinning (I can see a lot of churn in the basket) I don't know if it's possible that I put the impeller on wrong or got something backwards between the motor and the pump flange, so I hope someone here has ideas.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Since you seem to be experiencing a few issues after the motor swap, it's probably best we tag @JamesW for help on this one. While waiting, you might post a pic of the new motor label and the WEP-6 as well. What type of go-kit or parts did you install during the swap (shaft seal, etc)? That additional info might help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.