Whisperflo pump rusting on the outside

adl6009

Mar 19, 2015
Long Island, NY
This pump was built in 2015, that means it's only been in the weather for maybe 15 months, 3 months per year. It is in really bad shape due to rust . I was looking at parts lists and don't see any listings for the pump cover. I was hoping to just pull the rotted part off and slide on a new cover. Do they make it, can I get it? Would sure hate to spend $500 on a pump just to replace the rusted cover. Any suggestions would be welcome. It is a pentair whisper flo wfe-6/011514 motor#196234 hp-1.5 Thanks.IMG_20200324_141802.jpgIMG_20200324_141855.jpg

That is the motor. I suspect when you open it up you will find the corrosion is in the motor and not just external. Run it until it dies and then replace the motor or get a VS pump.

It look like there is a drip that has been dripping on the motor.

That's probably what happened.

You can replace the motor or the whole pump.

In any case, you need to fix the leak.

I can confirm the drip theory. It is fixed now. That was 2 years back. I hadn't thought about the possibility of rust inside the pump. Thank you. (That just adds to my personal nightmare. ) Run it till it dies, sounds like a plan.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.