Which test kit???

rcmay

Gold Supporter
Jun 13, 2012
Arnold,MD
I'm converting to salt, and I need a new test kit. I have the TF-100 but everything in it is old. I like the TF Pro, should I be using that one? I must confess I've been going to the pool store for my testing. I know I should be testing myself, but my reagents are old and I've been extremely frustrated (to the point of wanting to fill in that big hole with dirt and call it a day) dealing with staining on my 1 year old plaster and now black algae. Thanks for any advise!!!!

Get the pro. Hands down, no questions, it has EVERYTHING you need to stay out of the pool store. It has an awesome case also.

You can also just get a refill for your kit and save a few $ rather than buying new.

If you do not already have it, I would recommend the speed stir and 1766 salt test.

f you do not already have it, I would recommend the speed stir and 1766 salt test
They are part of the pro kit. It’s a grand slam. I certainly appreciate restocking existing supplies to save coin tho. (y)

I'm surprised no one here has referred you to the need to SLAM to fix your black algae ("black algae"...it even sounds disgusting!):

I might add that when you need only one or two "refill" items, Amazon Prime ships free. I know someone who filled in a pool. It cost him a lot and then he regretted it. I've also heard about someone who was getting a new pool, the the pool builder came in with his diggers and Bobcat (r), only to dig down a bit and hit the side of a pool a previous owner had filled in and not disclosed when they sold.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.