Which robotic cleaner for sand & debris

May 28, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
Hi All,

It's been a while since I've asked a question. After all the help I received my first years with the pool, it has been getting better. I am frankly tired of the brush vacuum routine taking a ton of time and would like to get a robotic cleaner. The problem is, which one? General characteristics is that my pool is freeform with about 16k Gallons and has a kid pool section. Since I live in the desert, it always has sand and, occasionally, we'll get a lot of leaves. I considered a pressure cleaner but do not currently have a booster pump installed. Robotic cleaners "seem" to perform well from the descriptions online/amazon but I tend to trust more what people suggest here on troublefreepool.

Any advice is appreciated, thank you!

Purchased a S300 today. Looked and looked for a couple weeks... had it narrowed down to a S200, S300 or S300i. Only reason for the S300i for me was the upgraded filter... but Marina swapped them out for me.

Looking forward to getting it.

Active20 (S200) works great for us. Lots of dust too. Will still need to brush steps, ledges, etc.
The Active20 does not come with a caddy. Need to get the S300 for that.

So I looked into the suggestions here. It seems difficult to find the S300 in this area. I don't see any 'authorized vendors' within a 50 mile radius. I also looked into the prowler 930 and I may have found a location that sells it. Thank you to everyone that chimed in here, I appreciate it!

Many of us purchase our robots through Marina Pool Spa in Denver, Co. They take phone orders only.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.