Gold Supporter
Jun 4, 2020
NYC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm new to pool this season and I'm already tired of manually cleaning it. Did some research and I'm looking into buying something from marinapoolspaandpatio that according to my research is recommended here. I think i've narrowed it down to nautilus plus CC and warrior SI.
My IG pool is kind of small and simple, its 40x15 and the deepest spot is about 4 ft 2 inches. The ends are shallow (3.5 ft) and the middle is the deep spot. My plan is to get some sort of wicker basket to store the cleaner right next to the pool when its not in use. There is an outlet about 5 feet from there. So I think this means I don't need a caddy. I don't have any room for it anywhere else, so I hope this basket idea protects it during the warmer months. In the winter I guess i'll find room for it in the garage... i hope.
It seems like the recommendation is to keep the robot in the pool all the time and set a timer. Is that right? I wouldn't mind doing that. But I would have to at least take it out when we use the pool. I can take it out more if it means the robot will last longer. I imagine, I would run it every 3 days as I don't even manually vacuum that much .. yet** So I think the weekly timer is needed. However, I can automate the plug its connected to turn on a schedule if needed. I'm not sure any of the cheaper robots would turn on just based on the outlet being powered.

I don't have many regular trees around so I wouldn't get much leaves I think. I'll verify in the fall. I do seem to get a lot of pollen. And I do have a several pine trees that serve as a screen. but im not sure how much they would shed in the pool.

So are my two choices good enough? The only difference I see is that the nautulis has 2 brushes and the warrior has bluetooth. I'm not sure I need the bluetooth, but kind of seems like something that should be standard. However, if the nautilis cleans better without the bluetooth/ wifi, i'd go for that. Which would you recommend for my case?

I did notice that the nautilus cc has a cheaper version for under 33 ft on amazon (Amazon.com : Dolphin Nautilus CC Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner with Large Capacity Top Load Filter Basket Ideal for Swimming Pools up to 33 Feet : Garden & Outdoor). Would that be an option for me since the pool is shallower than most? It wasnt mentioned on marinaspool at all, so maybe that is not a good one or am I reading the model names incorrectly?

Also, will I qualify for the warrior SI $50 rebate? marinapoolsupply has a disclaimer about that.

Last edited:
I have this one...
Very happy with it. I take it out of the pool everytime and store in a deck box.
It came with a 75ft cord which is nice.
I take mine out everytime, its not big deal to remove IMO.

I have this one...
Very happy with it. I take it out of the pool everytime and store in a deck box.
It came with a 75ft cord which is nice.
I take mine out everytime, its not big deal to remove IMO.
Interesting, the 75 ft is not listed on the comparison sheet https://marinapoolspaandpatio.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Robotic-Cleaner-Comparisons-2020.pdf . Maybe I missed it, but what else does this have over the cheaper warrior SE?

I also have the S200. Our pool was just completed last fall, so this is our first real season using it. Holy moly, I love it! I am amazed at how much it cleans.

I honestly can't remember why we went with the S200 over the cheaper one, but there was a reason. (Ha, my kiddos have ruined my memory :laughblue: ) I didn't care much about bluetooth, and didn't want to spend the extra for a caddy, so the S200 was perfect for us.

its a basic model with limited moving parts. therefore less chance of failing. Could not be easier to use. When I ordered last year it had a 75 foot cord, I would call them and ask them. The S200 is used by many people here with minimal issues.

I have the Doheny's Saturn which is also the S200. 2 years in and going strong. When I was doing my searching I found this article which helped me a lot and saved me some money.

If you have Saturn then you do not have the s200. That site you referenced is not accurate. Take a look at the Saturn in the Doheny link below and notice there are no side vents. The side vents move the s200 along the waterline.
The Discovery is the s200.

Last edited:
There are so many Maytronics models and many of them are the same form and function. They have dealer exclusive models that can only be sold by a dealer and not online, and some of the same models with different names to be sold online. To make it even more difficult there are other companies that market Maytronics products that are re badged for their company (Doheny, Pentair and probably others). I do know that the warrior se is the exact same product as the s200. The nautilus cc won't work very well for your 40 foot pool, the cable length is 50 ft. The cable length on the warrior se is 60 ft. Do not be swayed by the wifi or bluetooth on the premium models unless that is something that you are sure you will use. Performance of the app and wireless connection has mixed reviews. You can get the no frills s200 for 719.00 or the warrior se for 699.00 at Marina...you have to call or email for that price.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you have Saturn then you do not have the s200. That site you referenced is not accurate. Take a look at the Saturn in the Doheny link below and notice there are no side vents. The side vents move the s200 along the waterline.
The Discovery is the s200.

Thanks for clarifying. Mine does not have side vents......

Reactions: Oly
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.