Which autofill/leveler valve to get?

Copernicu

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2020
Phoenix, Arizona
My pool water autofill is running continuously. My plan is to replace the autofill valve (not sure if that's the right term for it), and I hope that solves the problem.

My current valve looks like this: Float Ball Valve Set of 3, Water Filter Float Ball Valve, 1/2 Inch Supply Tube Water Float Valve with Adjustable Arm for Pool, Livestock Water Trough, Aquariums, Aquaculture (Black): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific It lives in a compartment like the one where the skimmer is located, but it's a different compartment. The valve is 1/2" NPT.

Should I get this same type of valve? Or is there something better?

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
That is similar to what I have. It runs continuously. Because we have evaporation continuously. Is yours overfilling your pool?

Copernicu

Bronze Supporter
Jul 22, 2020
Phoenix, Arizona
No, the pool is not overfilling.

I thought there was a problem based on three factors: 1) the last two water bills were about 40% higher than expected, 2) the water meter stopped running when I turned off the water at the house, and 3) the leveler runs continuously.

Our mid-June to mid-July water usage was much higher than last year, and our mid-July to mid-August usage was about the same as last year (high in both years). Perhaps (hopefully) there is no problem. Maybe it's the hotter than usual summer we've been having.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Unless we get enough rain to raise the pool level, pretty much. It is obviously at a less rate in the few weeks of winter.

Reactions: Copernicu
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.