Where to place a gas heater

joseywales

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2009
Exton, PA
Town has no code, so it's manufacturer's specs. Basically, 4 feet from any window. Those specs aside, here are my questions:

1 - how far from the water, so the unit doesn't get splashed, etc.?

2 - it's a Raypak 206, so how far of a run is too far, before the water is really "losing it's heat" in transportation to the pool.

3 - any real options for encasing the heater?

I have options, but none seem great. One spot is almost on the opposite side of the pool from where the pump/filter is. And still probably too close to the water.

I'm afraid my only real option, far enough from the pool water, yes close enough to the pump, would be to place a 32" x 40" slab in my lawn. And that won't look great.

Preferably you install the unit within a few feet or closer to the filter/pump. If you have to position is further away, I would stay within 6 feet of your equipment.

Encasing the heater?

How far from the water (splashing water) should this be, or does it matter? I know the heater should not be in a place, where water can get in (up in), to the vents. But I don't want to be too cautious about splashing water. Is 3 feet from the pool water enough clearance?

Think about it this way, if it rains, will the heater get wet? Of course it wouldn't be a tidal wave like kids splashing water all over. 3ft would be ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.