Where to begin (Renovation from Northern VA)

Carla_IL

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2010
Ok.. Here is the skinny. Brought this house 3 years ago I knew in the pool inspection I was going to need to do work soon. Took the cover off need to get the pool from green back to clear (lots of leaves got in), but also looking to renovate the pool. Quotes are coming in high but all within 5k of each other. 5 quotes in total. I am looking to replace coping, tile, and replaster. Would like some ideas what to do with the raise wall. Which the previous owner appeared to do a DIY sheer descent which is a hot mess as well. The pool is about 30 years old I did the following this year so far:

Installed this month:
Pentair Superflo VS
Pentair Intellichlor IC40
Easytouch 8 Pool and Spa

Attachments

• 60589413892__D4533EAA-A227-4934-BBDA-E3B03D6CD99E.jpeg
    60589413892__D4533EAA-A227-4934-BBDA-E3B03D6CD99E.jpeg
    593.8 KB · Views: 37
You want/need the DIY sheer descent? I would remove it during the reno.

You want tile design ideas for the wall? That is up @kimkats bling alley.

Love the pool and area! Just need to fix it up and make it YOURS!

Let me pick your brain:
-do you have any pics of pools you like the look of already?
-Do you like BLING as in shiny and very eye catching?
-Do you like natural and blend into the area?

I agree with Allen in losing the waterfall. They are more of a every once in a while party tricks. To me they cause more problems than anything-pH rise and build up on the tiles around it.

The quotes you have-what do they say? Are they going to chip out ALL of the plaster or just around the returns and lights?

That should get us started on making that YOUR pool!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.