Where to add the SWCG

Apr 20, 2015
Mishawaka, IN
Just got my first SWCG - the Circupool Edge 40 from Discount Salt Pools but would like some advice on installation. The installation manual recommends 6-12" of straight pipe prior to the flow switch, which I can't quite squeeze in a horizontal install position, so I'm limited to doing it vertically. I am planning to remove the in-line tablet feeder while I'm at it. I'm trying to decide if I should re-use the existing vertical riser on the heater outlet portion of the existing plumbing or leave that alone and put it out at the front of the pad where the existing feeder is. Out front seems the logical choice but wondering - what would YOU do? Any idea the purpose of the other vertical section of pipe anyway?

Thanks!

Heres a few pictures of my PB set-up. Only the returns are inline with SWCG. Looks like you could cut the line before the third 90 then add the new line closer to the heater, seem that would get your extra length.

fullsizeoutput_386a.jpeg3HN34d2zR9mXVxzCB%bR6A.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.