Where do you buy your CYA?

Rolodetective

Jul 9, 2016
Valparaiso, IN
I've been pouring over the forum and pool school since we decided to put our pool in.
I've got a pretty good handle on the BBB method, but have a quick question regarding CYA. Where are you buying it from? I see Wally has Chlorox Pool and and Spa stabilizer. 4 lbs for approx $13.
Is that what I want?

nlindelldc

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 21, 2015
South Texas
I've been buying the HTH brand from WalMart also. But I have a lot of splash out this summer due to kids cannonballing and I am tired of the old sock. I'm thinking about buying some liquid stabilizer from Amazon just to try it out for convenience sake, although I realize it is MUCH more expensive.

Ease of use vs. cost

My HTH in a sock can take several days to fully dissolve even after repeated squeezing. Not very convenient.

Mike Hawk

Oct 28, 2014
Tulsa OK
Main thread: 2016 CYA Prices

backyardpoolsuperstore on eBay is selling 25lbs for $44.99!!! That works out to only $1.80 a pound :deal:

25 lbs Stabilizer Cyanuric Acid Water Conditioner Swimming Pool UV Protection | eBay

I added 6lbs of the eBay CYA a couple weeks ago, so I'll measure my CYA levels again to see if the stuff is any good. One ebay feedback said it didn't raise their levels, fwiw. I did some brief googling and it appears CYA should have a long shelf life if stored in a cool dry place so that's why I bought in bulk to last me a few years.