Where do you buy Equipment pads ?

vegas_dp

May 13, 2007
I need a new pad for my BBQ unit and thought this might work. I don't have time to pour concrete before the unit is delivered. I looked at local Lowes and Home depot. No joy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Vegas_DP

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
I'm guessing, but you might try a stone yard.

How big is the grill? If you have to put it on your existing deck while you wait to pour concrete, just make sure you get a nice large spill pad.

I had mine poured and then painted it to match the deck. I went pretty large because I plan on replacing this pit with a larger one.

vegas_dp

May 13, 2007
The dang thing is 86" long. I just want it somewhat level until I can get to concrete. That may not be until fall/winter. It gets to hot here to mess with that during the summer.

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
86" - that's a nice size. What are you getting?

I was fortunate. We still have a lot of construction going on in my area. I was able to grab a crew who was working on a neighbors driveway; otherwise, they would not have come out for such a small job.

mnormington

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2008
Burbank, IL
I have a couple of 2 ft. x 2 ft. x 2" concrete pads that I dug up in the yard. I layed them into the yard and they look like they were poured in there. You could probably pick something like that up at a landscape supply yard.

I know for sure that they sell plastic equipment pads (for air conditioners) at the Home Depot and such. They are 2 x 2 as well and would work pretty well for a temporary situation. They don't cost a lot either.

sevver

Mar 27, 2007
Morris, IL
A landscape supply yard would have them. Someplace that sells heating and cooling may have them, or be able to tell you where to get one. Another idea is someplace that sells like unilock pavers .