Where Do I Start? How Screwed Am I?

kayakguy

Nov 3, 2018
Maine
Well, opener my pool for the first time at the house we moved into last November. Turns out the pool inspector was full of Crud. My liner that he said had another 5 years is torn apart and being replaced. I also noticed this:
Anyone know if it’s fixable? If so ball park? Part of me is thinking I need to cut my losses and fill it in :(

Pool_Medic

In The Industry
Apr 1, 2018
Bangor Maine
The coping is a relatively cheap fix. The liner might set you back $5,000-$8,000. Ask everyone here if they would like an In ground pool for under $10,000 and prepare for a stampede.

Pool_Medic

In The Industry
Apr 1, 2018
Bangor Maine
There is your answer. Me, I’d kill for a pool under $5,000. Do not ask me how much I’ve poured into a hole in the ground that has little or no resale value.... lol

Pool_Medic

In The Industry
Apr 1, 2018
Bangor Maine
Is it consistently the same all around the pool. You have several options really. Contact several companies in your area for quotes. If you are a DIY type you need to determine what needs replacing and go from there. Tough to tell the coping from the pics but I would ask the ones who gave you the liner quite for one on the coping as well.