Where did all that water come from?

Jun 18, 2018
Lake Almanor, CA
Still too early to officially open our pool but I noticed that once the snow cleared off a few weeks ago that there is a LOT more water in the pool than when we closed. The pool cover is riding way higher than when we put the cover on. I snuck a peek under the cover. Yikes. Like, it is over the skimmer. Our closing procedure has not changed: We drain half the pool and add a chemical cocktail. When we have opened it in the past, the level is the same. The one thing that is different this year is that we had the pool completely resurfaced in the fall. It was late in the season so we refilled the pool [as instructed by the resurfacing guys and let it sit] and then drained it as usual a few weeks later. The resurfacing guys changed some intake and output valves but nothing was done to the pump or the "innards" of the pool system. So I can't figure out why we have more water. Snow melt is one source but then there would have to be an obvious breach in the cover. Which is not the case. Snow could have snuck under the cover but it's pretty snug. I'm hoping my karma is good and that when I open the pool in a month or so that everything is fine...just a bit more water than expected. And that I can clean, chemical and run my pump as usual. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I would imagine it rains by you also and water runoff goes under the cover and into the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.