Where can I buy this rubber coping?

ACW5297

Apr 7, 2020
Dayton, OH
We bought this house in Nov 2019, the previous owners didn't do anything with the pool after winterizing and covering it about 5 years ago (at least) according to the neighbors. The pool is a fiberglass wall with concrete bottom. The pool installation company is not helpful- they refuse to come out to look at it or help us.
I have a leak about 18" down that I am going to fix (got a fiberglass repair kit) and then will be connecting the new pump, cleaned sand filter, and soon to be purchased SWG and of course follow SLAM process.
Next year we will be adding a deck and concrete coping but this year I want to band-aid the pool by fixing the top portion of the walls but am unsure where to price the rubber material that is on it right now.
anyone have any ideas what it's called and where I might get it? (Pic below)

Attachments

• pool wall top.jpg
    pool wall top.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 42
Hello, I'm just south of you in Miamisburg. This is a buckeye pool and we have one too.
Any luck finding a replacement coping? Thanks!
Yeah its a buckeye pool- at the time this pool was built in 1972 they were called Dayton Pools. I have not been able to locate a supplier that will sell it to me to DIY. I was able to determine that they actually make 2 different types of coping and this one is not replaceable.... UGH Buckeye pools finally told me that they will replace the coping BUT cannot come out until July 2021 to even give an estimate on replacing it... I am working with their pool deck guy to get an estimate on redoing the entire pool deck since it needs replaced and he would pour the coping in the concrete with the deck. I am also working with Buckeye pools to get an estimate to completely replace the pool (inside this old one) to add a tanning ledge and stairs (we only have a ladder) and if we decide to go that route they are booking for 2023 install- yep read that right 2023!!

I'm in Washington Township and have the same type of Buckeye (Dayton) Pool (built in 1967). Have the same issue with missing coping and am also looking into doing a total refurb at some point since my fiberglass panels are in pretty poor shape.

I talked to Buckeye a couple of years ago and they proposed just painting it. I initially wanted to try converting the entire pool to gunite but it didn't seem like they were interested in doing that. I talked to Watermark Pools as well and they gave me a rough quote of 60k to do the gunite refurb (and that was pre-COVID), which was more than I wanted to spend. Now I'm just looking to see if I can find someone to drop a vinyl liner in and get a new coping and full deck replacement, but it's tough finding anyone who wants to work on these pools! I've talked to a bunch of companies in Dayton/Cinci. I'm curious to hear what Buckeye proposes for you.

I'm in Washington Township and have the same type of Buckeye (Dayton) Pool (built in 1967). Have the same issue with missing coping and am also looking into doing a total refurb at some point since my fiberglass panels are in pretty poor shape.

I talked to Buckeye a couple of years ago and they proposed just painting it. I initially wanted to try converting the entire pool to gunite but it didn't seem like they were interested in doing that. I talked to Watermark Pools as well and they gave me a rough quote of 60k to do the gunite refurb (and that was pre-COVID), which was more than I wanted to spend. Now I'm just looking to see if I can find someone to drop a vinyl liner in and get a new coping and full deck replacement, but it's tough finding anyone who wants to work on these pools! I've talked to a bunch of companies in Dayton/Cinci. I'm curious to hear what Buckeye proposes for you.
Well your pool is older than ours! Buckeye said they could do a new pool inside this one- issue would be they would have to get creative with the deep end as ours is only 6 foot deep and we would want it to stay at leat 4.5'. We would lose 18" around all edges but our pool is 20'x40' so that would be ok and cost would be around $50k. We also could have their painter paint it for around $3000. We have elected to paint and repair a crack in the bottom/side gunite ledge ourselves and keep this pool. We are having buckeye pools concrete contractor do new deck with concrete coping, new patio from pool to house, and add some large limestone boulders to stop soil erosion where we are seeing the cracks happen. We are using concrete staples on the crack and filling per manufacturer recommendations with hydraulic cement. And I am repairing the fiberglass cracks ourselves. Then we will replace the caulk around between the fiberglass walls and flooring with product purchased from Buckeye pools then painting with inslx pool epoxy paint. will post pics as I go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.