Apr 15, 2014
Livermore, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Happy post Thanksgiving TFP'ers.

Went out and did my testing. Was the full run except CYA. Concerned because I couldn't detect any calcium.

FC 7
CC 0.5
PH 7.4
TA 100
(Last months CYA 30)
CH 0-100?
H20 temp 57

I test the CH per the instructions in my TF-100. 10 ML sample. First time I used three drops of R-0011L, the 2nd time I used five drops (I was told once here I could use five drops). The water only turned a light shade of pink with the three or five drops. The water never went blue but it did go clear.

Some fact we've been getting a lot of rain here in Northern California. Could this be a testing error or my water really have dropped from 200 last month to an extremely low amount?

What should I do here?

Also, should I bother addressing the TA of 100?

Re-tested inside. Got the following:
TA 90
CH 375

I used 3 drops and 5 drops of R-0011L. Got about 15 drops either way and water went from light pink to light blue. Shouldn't it be a darker shade of pink? And, shouldn't it be a darker shade of blue? When I used 5 drops of R-0011L, it was only a slightly darker shade of pink.

Now what do you think?

Are you adding the 10 drops of R-0010 before you do the 3 drops of R-0011? With a change of that much, I would guess testing error.

Yes, I'm using the 10 drops of R-0010 ahead of time. Like I stated, I follow the steps as outlined.

The differences may have been the lighting was a little more consistent inside, allowing me to detect something.

Last edited:
AJW22, thanks for the video on the interference.

The CH video shows to add R-0012 1st, count the drops, run the test, and add those drops in at end. But video showed test w/ 20 drops of R-0010, and 5 drops of R-0011. Any changes to this calcium interference test method if I use 10 drops of R-0010?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.