When to add chlorine

Feb 19, 2017
Tampa
We had to ship our SWG back for repair so we are adding chlorine for the next week or two.

If we can't test the chlorine daily are pucks a good alternative, We can probably test every 2nd or third day.

Also, if the pool is used mostly in the morning to afternoon, is there an ideal time to add chlorine?

Thanks

You can add clorine and then get in the pool. So anytime is a good time to add clorine. You can even swim when slamming, even though it will be hard on your swim suits and skin.

I don't test my clorine but just a couple times a week also. If it isn't keeping clorine in the pool there is something else wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Add chlorine whenever is convenient, so long as the pump will be on for an hour or so afterwards. Running yours 24/7 seems like massive overkill. I get by with 2 or 3 hours a day depending on season plus whatever it gets while I'm vacuuming.

Whether or not pucks are a good idea depends entirely on your current test results. Besides adding chlorine, trichlor pucks will raise CYA levels and are very acidic, so your pH and TA will both come down. Do you need any of that? If you don't, you're just creating grief. If you get too high on CYA, then you'll be wanting to replace some water, but when you do that, you'll need to replace the salt you lost as well. And who wants to be constantly chasing the pH and TA with borax and baking soda?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.