When is it too much salt? Aquarite T-15

Justworkhere

Gold Supporter
Mar 11, 2020
Fort Worth, TX
I've got the Aquarite system with a T-15. My salt level according to my Taylor test is at 3900 and the T-15 reads it at 2600. I know the optimum level is less than this. I have had to add salt to keep it at this level so it will continue to make chlorine. Once the T-15 senses that it is at 2600 or above it does a great job of making chlorine.

I have read other threads that have said this is symptom of a cell going bad. Mine continues to make chlorine great though.

I have also cleaned it within the past month and it doesn't seem to change anything as far as the sensor goes.

My question is when is it too much salt? Is 4500 ppm too much? And what will suffer with higher salt levels than recommended - swimmer comfort, plaster, the salt cell, etc?

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Divide the instant salinity reading by the actual salinity and that gives you the performance percentage.

2,600÷3900 = 67%.

Below 75% means that the cell is failing.

You can keep adding salt to make it work, but I would stop by 4,500 ppm.

When you replace the cell, you will have to dilute the salinity some so that the amps stay below 8.0.

What are the first seven characters of the cell serial number?

Your cell was made the 28th day of 2016.

So, probably installed in 2016.

That makes it about 4 years old.

5 to 7 years is typical for the life of a cell.

The life will be less for a cell with high usage.

You have a 3 year warranty.

If you bought it less than 3 years ago, take it to a store that tests cells and have them test it.

If it's bad, and less than 3 years old, they will give you a new cell.

Have it tested either way to confirm that it's bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.