When change the sand filter during the replaster process

Thomas Vegas

Mar 5, 2019
Las Vegas
Hello
I am in the process of replastering my pool and I am wondering when I should change my sand, before or after the pump start because the replaster creates a lot of dust. I heard both versions. The first I heard was to change the sand before the start of the pump, so I already remove half of the sand, and now I hear "better to change after". So I am wondering if I change after it's ok to use (for short time) the filter half full? and in 2 weeks change with new sand? Thank you

Do a deep clean of the sand and you will not have to change it. Sand lasts forever so you are set with what you have now and after the pool is done. Do do a deep clean just run water through the sand and work the end of the hose through the sand to get all of the stuff up and out with the water. You might end up having to remove all of the sand to make sure the pipe and laterals are set good.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.