What's your favorite pool gadget?

I have to say the Polaris 360. I used to have one in my old in ground pool, and I loved him to death! I called him Wheely Guy.

I'm going to start saving my pennies and get another one. I'm not stable enough on my feet to wrestle with a robot, plus I like the Wheely Guy. And I really need something to clean my pool!

Anyone who has a Polaris 280 or 360 lying around in their basement or poolhouse, drop me a PM and let's talk! I'm deadly serious about this.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:wave: I've lived/worked months above the arctic circle through the winter and also months in the north African desert during the summer and between the two I'd live in the heat.
Provided I have a TFP pool nearby.......:testresults:

I don't know whether this qualifies as a "gadget," but without a doubt it's my motorized auto-cover. I honestly don't understand how anyone can call their pool "trouble free" without one.

Reactions: Oly
You just dunk it down in the water about 20”, put your thumb over the top, (like you do with a straw in a glass of water) then I dispense the water into a squeeze bottle I have sitting on the edge of the decking. :cheers:
Actually a bit better to put your thumb over the open end first and then dunk it down to the 18-20 inch depth. That way you're taking your full sample from at least 18 inches down. Leaving the end open until ready to pull it out gives you a water sample from the surface all the way down to 18-20 inches - and probably isn't the best indicator of your overall pool water quality.

I use that method too. Much easier than bending down to get a sample.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.