What's your current pool temp?

currently 75 and rising, pool did pretty well surviving hopefully our last night in the low 40's for the year (they say this was one of the coldest winters we've had in central FL in about 7-8 years).

The 10 day forecast looks like 70's and 50's so who knows a February swim day could be sooner than I think.... :paddle: fingers crossed

Well, ...I have single handedly fixed it so we will have no more freezing temperatures the rest of the winter....at least around here in SW PA.

Let me explain.... For the past few winters, I've erected a 40'X60' ice skating rink for the kids. It takes a good 36- 48 hours of constant freezing temps to get the ice solid enough for my 14 year old hockey playing son and his buddies (my 5 year old Olympic figure skating champion daughter is much lighter). After a good freeze, it's still usable for several days with warmer temps.

After I put it up last year, right before Christmas, we had an extremely mild winter and may have used the rink once or twice. I actually hit the golf course... in January...in PA! Same thing the year before that.

This year, with the pool build going on and a busy load at work, I got a late start. Up til now, like everyone else, it's been exceptionally frigid and snowy here. Whole weeks have gone by without the temps going above freezing. More cold and snow already this month than all of last winter. Well, that's all about to end. I put up the ice rink and filled it last weekend. That will pretty much guarantee that we will have no more sustained freezing weather the rest of the winter.

No need to thank me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, ...I have single handedly fixed it so we will have no more freezing temperatures the rest of the winter....at least around here in SW PA.

Let me explain.... For the past few winters, I've erected a 40'X60' ice skating rink for the kids. It takes a good 36- 48 hours of constant freezing temps to get the ice solid enough for my 14 year old hockey playing son and his buddies (my 5 year old Olympic figure skating champion daughter is much lighter). After a good freeze, it's still usable for several days with warmer temps.

After I put it up last year, right before Christmas, we had an extremely mild winter and may have used the rink once or twice. I actually hit the golf course... in January...in PA! Same thing the year before that.

This year, with the pool build going on and a busy load at work, I got a late start. Up til now, like everyone else, it's been exceptionally frigid and snowy here. Whole weeks have gone by without the temps going above freezing. More cold and snow already this month than all of last winter. Well, that's all about to end. I put up the ice rink and filled it last weekend. That will pretty much guarantee that we will have no more sustained freezing weather the rest of the winter.

No need to thank me.

I helped stop winter too, by having my snowblower repaired..

After our February summer here in California the pool has jumped from a low of 49 just a couple of weekends ago to a balmy 59 yesterday...

Not quite warm enough to jump in but only 10° from where I would easly get in with our warm 75-80° days. Despite how nice the weather feels we need rain (and snow)! I have worn shorts for the entire month of February - that is just wrong :thumbdown:

I have to admit, I'm a bit envious of all of you down there in Florida! Once upon a time, we used to have this thing called rain here in CA. My water's approaching 60 (almost SWG time?), because it's spring here. 70+ air temps. Problem is, I devoted my prime roof real estate to my PV solar system, and had to put my pool's solar panels on the north side. They're good there in the summer, when the sun is mostly directly overhead, but this time of year they don't get quite enough sun to help me out much...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.