What's the hottest your pool gets?

Nope, just has the sun on it from 8am-8pm in the summertime :cool:

That is so baffling to me! It's been 100 degrees here and my pool gets full sun from around 9am to 6pm and it still hasn't gotten over 83 degrees. At 95 degrees, the pool has been dropping back down to 81. I know it almost never gets even close to 100 degrees in NY so I don't understand how a pool there could get hotter than mine in 100 degree weather. Maybe I need a thermal dynamics class lol.

That is so baffling to me! It's been 100 degrees here and my pool gets full sun from around 9am to 6pm and it still hasn't gotten over 83 degrees. At 95 degrees, the pool has been dropping back down to 81. I know it almost never gets even close to 100 degrees in NY so I don't understand how a pool there could get hotter than mine in 100 degree weather. Maybe I need a thermal dynamics class lol.
Yeah I have no idea lol. I do have a darker finish that could be a bit of a factor, but other than that not sure. We are surrounded by massive ash trees that cuts down the wind considerably

The pool at the old house touched 90 on occasion according to a $3 Ocean State Job Lot thermometer. I don't think I've seen that high with my current pool for the three seasons (just began #4) we've been here. I think it's hit 86 or 87, according to the heater.

Both pools are in the same town in Eastern Connecticut.

Mine was consistently in the high 90's from July-October until I installed my shade sails in 2019. Last year, highest temp I recall was 88!

Usually tops out about 90-92 if I don't run my cooling fountain/sprayer, which drops it a few degrees
and I feel less like a lobstah 🦞!
Hi Neighbor,

how much direct sun do you get a day? This is my first summer with a pool and trying to figure out what to expect.

My house blocks the sun for most of the morning until around 12 and then it’s direct sun until sunset.

91/92 here. Full sun morning to night. No cover use during this time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool temp
Spa temp
Air temp

1623875937099.jpeg

(and that’s in the shade). But “it’s a dry heat”
It’s summer in Tucson!

Without a cover or adding heat from the solar system, my pool never gets above 89. The evaporation seems to balance the sun‘s heat about there. My pool only sees any shade in late afternoon or very early mornings. Before 6 am and after 6pm.

Pool temp
Spa temp
Air temp

1623875937099.jpeg

(and that’s in the shade). But “it’s a dry heat”
It’s summer in Tucson!

Without a cover or adding heat from the solar system, my pool never gets above 89. The evaporation seems to balance the sun‘s heat about there. My pool only sees any shade in late afternoon or very early mornings. Before 6 am and after 6pm.

I'm in phoenix with this crazy heat and my pool is also 87 degrees. 87.8. It's been windy so it's helping. Its my first season with a pool so I'm curious whats the hottest it will get.

I saw 96 yesterday, 95 today. Air temp is a little misleading as it gets hit by the sun (west facing) which warms it up a few degrees in the afternoon. I need to build it a shade.

(oh, and there's other little glitches in the data, like no water temp readings when the pump is off which causes weird jumps when it turns back on)

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 4.50.17 PM.png

The pool temp thread made me wonder what is the hottest pools get (naturally...no heaters or covers) in different regions. Here in the arizona desert, pools can get uncomfortably hot. So how about other regions? It's been 90 to 95 degrees here and the pool is still 77. I know that's hotter than many areas get so are there regions where pools won't get warm enough without a heater?
Last yr here in gilbert mine got to 95-98 labor day weekend

The hottest my pool hit so far was 94 but only for a couple days. This summer has been relatively mild and only a couple of really hot weeks. Most days, its 89-91.

Our pool will usually hit about 90° a few days each summer. More typically, during peak season it hangs around 86° or so. The warmest I remember the pool temp reaching was 92°.

The recorded highest temp so far this year was 89.6 no solar cover, and the pool gets partially shaded from sunrise to about noon by a big over hanging maple tree.
The tree line to the west comes into play about 2hrs before sunset.

Typically, we see temps in the low to mid 80s, but if we get a prolonged heat wave we see temps in the high 80s to mid 90s. Currently in PA we are at the end of a week long heat wave and the pool was 89 degrees at 07:00. I expect to hit 93 today. No heater and no cover (no cover this year, I hate solar covers).

My wife would prefer 93 - 95 ALL the time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.