Whats the Best above ground pool vacuum

I've had the aquabot rover jr for the last 3 years. It plugs in which is good for those of us whose pumps cant run a vacuum.

I have been using the Aquabot pool rover s2 for 4 years now, worked fairly well, but had trouble getting the very fine brown dust/silt picked up.I have both filtration type bags, not cheap.
It worked great for leaves, which I don't get much except from neighbors trees. stirred up the fine stuff and looked good until it settled a few hours later.
I also have the pole mounted pool blaster max which works ok, but the NiCad batteries do not run much more than 30 min Effectively. I replaced with LIon late last year , have not used yet ,still snowing , but hope the run time is much better. Purchased a Dolphin E10 3 months ago with the extra fine basket that it does not ship with. ( extra $60) Many great reviews for being able to pick up the fine stuff that the Rover just spits out.
Again , have not used that also.
Everything has been on hold a good 3- 4 weeks from last year. It might be just me, but it seems that pool cleaners that use bags instead of filter boxes may become a thing of the past. The elasticity of the bags on my rover started to get weak after 3 years and would not make a good seal around pick up port without rubber bands. I always rinsed them out after ea. use with fresh water but just like rubber bands, they will lose grip. So they were getting to be a hassle to use. I even tried being " Joe Slick" and put a skimmer sock inside the fine bags , Did help some, but dumped a lot of it back into the pool when removing the cleaner.Even tried the skimmer sock alone with no bags.
Bad Idea!
They stretched out during use, and went through the plastic motor grate guard and jammed the impellers, luckily I was watching when it happened and shut cleaner off. For me the Rover worked great for leaves, sucks for silt, Pool Blaster on the telescope rod worked fine other than original NiCad batteries run time and large leaves would tend to plug input with the small opening of the throat. Again with fine dirt / dust, when removing the PoolBlaster out of the pool, a lot of water from it gets removed and I have to think anything other than leaves and such get dump ed right back into pool water other than stuff that is already stuck to the side of the bags.

I have an Aquabot Pool Rover Jr that’s a total time saver. Just toss it in the pool, plug it in the wall and turn it on. It does all the work for you and it doesn’t use hoses, skimmers, or your filter. I haven’t had issues with it getting stuck anywhere and it picks up everything - big leaves, bugs, sand/dirt from the yard, even pollen, as well as the tiny sawdust particles the deck builder blew all into the pool.

I have a Catfish Blaster Max too. It just goes onto a pole and sucks up smaller messes that’s not worth throwing the pool rover jr onto the pool for. It’s rechargeable.

Both cleaners come with their own bags. You just empty them out when you’re done and spray it clean. The Pool Rover Jr bag can be thrown into the washing machine. That’s what I do.

I bought Wanda last year and ended up giving it to my dad. It was ok. I'd rather manually sweep the pool.

Love the name you chose for your robot Kim. Lil Kim is so cute! :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.