What will installers do and not do?

tgurske

Apr 10, 2021
Florida
I know that installers are busy and probably want high-profit / low-hassle projects. I, like everybody, would like a big pool for little money. My plan is to have the pool company dig/frame/cement/surface/plumbing. I have friends who can do the patio/cement and I have family that would do the filter/pump/electrical, etc..

Will a pool company come in and just do the pool part? Can I use standard financing on just the pool part (pay cash for the rest)?

Welcome to TFP.

Everything is negotiable. You just need to find a pool company who will work with you the way you want.

You are close to doing an Owner Build. Dig/rebar/plumbing/gunite/plaster are all done by contractors. You can hire them or the pool company can..

Your issue will be what is your recourse if when you hookup the pump you find a plumbing problem? If a builder is responsible for doing it all then it is clear who needs to fix something if it does not work. You take on that responsibility by acting as the overall General Contractor and making the Pool Company one of your sub contractors.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.