what type of shock should I use this summer?

Welcome to the forum!
In S California, you want none of those. The ones with 'Blue' in the name contain copper. It will turn blonde hair green and stain your pool. Calcium Hypochlorite will raise you calcium level in your pool faster, which your fill water already does, requiring you to drain your pool to get rid of it.
We recommend using liquid chlorine aka bleach. Plain, unscented, non splashless bleach. Or you can get Chlorinating liquid, Liquid Pool Shock, etc from Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
Read Recommended Pool Chemicals - Trouble Free Pool
What test are you using to test your pool water chemistry?
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Howdy, neighbor! :wave:

Well, not exactly neighbor, but close enough that you probably know where San Dimas is!
@Rancho Cost-a-Lotta isn't too far, either.

Shoot a message here and let them tell you where to buy their chlorine and acid close to you. It's full strength stuff that comes in refillable returnable jugs. If you've ever seen a pool service truck, you no doubt seen the orange and yellow plastic crates in the back. That's the stuff. It's what I use.

And while I know firsthand how expensive it is to set up a new home -- shelf paper, curtains, you name it -- you really ought to invest in a proper test kit. Pool store testing is not really free. You'll end up paying for it. Just a recent example: Help! I've spent over 900$ in three weeks and still can't swim!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.