What type of chlorine do you use?

Augi

May 8, 2018
Austin, TX
Hey everyone - I'm trying to figure out which chlorine "type" to use. I tried searching for threads about this, but I wasn't able to find one (and apologies if this has been asked already in here). What does everyone use for chlorine - liquid or something else like Leslie's Power Powder Plus?

Thanks in advance,

Augi

Reading assignment - Pool School at the top of the page! Will teach you everything you need to know!

We use liquid chlorine - aka bleach. You want plain old chlorine, no fancy additives. I personally buy mine at Publix... I get Publix brand, at 8.25%. Others buy it at Walmart and other places. You just want to make sure it is fresh!

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely give Pool School a better & detailed look. I purchased some liquid chlorine at Leslie's today and the guy looked at me like I was crazy. He was pushing realllly hard to the powder plus stuff.

I Just started following the TFP method, so I don’t have the experience others do, but I use liquid chlorine from my local pool store. It is 12.5%, trucked in weekly so it’s fresh, and it comes in 4 1 gallon jugs in a handy carrier. I like it because I am not just tossing/ recycling gallon jugs from another store and filling my recycle bin These are refilled and reused.

I Just started following the TFP method, so I don’t have the experience others do, but I use liquid chlorine from my local pool store. It is 12.5%, trucked in weekly so it’s fresh, and it comes in 4 1 gallon jugs in a handy carrier. I like it because I am not just tossing/ recycling gallon jugs from another store and filling my recycle bin These are refilled and reused.

That is awesome, what brand, I need to look around and see if I can do that. I would much prefer to keep my pools footprint as little as possible.

Thanks for sharing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The guy at Leslies Pool Store was telling me his liquid chlorine had a lot of salt in it. I guess I'll use the 4 1-gallon jugs I purchased this month and keep an eye out for "cleaner" bleach.

Thanks for all the replies!

The guy at Leslies Pool Store was telling me his liquid chlorine had a lot of salt in it. I guess I'll use the 4 1-gallon jugs I purchased this month and keep an eye out for "cleaner" bleach.

Thanks for all the replies!
I don't buy that. Bleach is bleach. I use their bleach and it 10% liquid Chlorine...aka bleach. He was trying to push you to another product.

AGP with metal for sides and supports? Would make the area more corrosive?

Ah. I don’t know. I do know there are a bunch of AGP owners here with SWG. May want to take a look at that part of the forum and see if there is anyone else with your setup.

I use liquid chlorine. 12.5% right now because I found a good deal. When it runs out, I’ll look for the next good deal.

Call it what you want, bleach/liquid chlorine, it all contains the same active ingredient sodium hypochlorite.
All bleach & liquid chlorine has salt in it. bleach & liquid chlorine are the same thing, but sometimes delineated by its strength. Bleach less than 9%. Liq Chlorine 10%+.
Recently we’ve noticed that the higher the percentage, the cheaper per ounce and less bottles of it you need to carry.
Best advice is to buy the cheapest per chlorine ounce that you can find.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.